Wow, one day is just not enough time to explore the area, so here are some suggestions to help with the hard choices on how to fill in your days.
A 50 min Qantas flight from Sydney gets you here if you don’t want to drive.
- There are 42 wineries to explore in the New England Wine region. Tamworth has been recently named as Australia’s latest winery area.
- Discover the Lavender and eucalypt farm Banalasta
- Nundle is an old gold mining town that has been brought back to life with the internationally recognised Woollen Mill, a great place for lunch and a look around the village.
- There’s even a working gold mine.
- Horse riding, Paragliding.
- Learn how to glide at Lake Keepit’s Soaring Club…… the list is endless.
- Tamworth has 2 golf courses. One constructed in 1899 which has developed into a fine 18 hole Championship course of a traditional nature. The second a Greg Norman designed course.
- Endless equine events with Tamworth now home of AELEC the largest purpose built Equine centre in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Of course there is Country music on every weekend somewhere in town along with many bands catering for all tastes.
- Our new Capitol Theatre has many exciting things going on with new artists and plays all the time.
- A botanical garden and many parks
- Go trout fishing at Nundle Trout Farm
- Fossick. This area is considered among some of the world’s richest gem areas and landscapes.
- There is a booming café culture and great shopping in the CBD.
- Tamworth has an excellent walking jogging track that runs along the river into town and through Bicentennial Park.
- Spend some time together to reconnect, go for a drive in the country and smell the fresh air.